Terms and conditions
Post sales service
Refund and return policy
Refund and return request would be considered under the following conditions:
The product has not been opened within 7 calendar days after receiving the product and it is brand new and unused
If the product is found to have manufacturing defects within 15 calendar days after receiving the product, you can apply for a return and refund service;
return and refund can not be authorized if a skateboard under consideration has been ridden on the ground or other circumstances that would affect re sale.
- Where applicable, a 5% restocking fee and shipping fees will be charged on cancelled orders that have already been shipped to the customer should a return of this nature be authorized.
Refunds will not be accepted under the following conditions:
- Refund request is made beyond 15 calendar days of receiving a product.
- If a product sent to Exway for Return or refund does not include all original accessories, attachments, or packaging, or any item that is not in new or like-new condition, i.e. with cracks, dents, or scratches.
- If Legal proof of purchase, receipt, or invoice is not provided or is reasonably believed to have been forged or tampered with.
- If any damage to the product is caused by unsupported modification of the product, including specifically exposure to moisture, entry of foreign bodies (water, oil, sand, etc.) into the electronics, or improper installation or operation.
- If product labels, serial numbers, water ingress markers, etc. show signs of tampering or alteration.
- If Damage is caused to the product by uncontrollable external factors, including fire, floods, high winds, or power surges lightning strikes.
- A product is not delivered to Exway within 15 calendar days after Return & Refund Service confirmation is sent from Exway.
Return & Refund Instructions
If you would like to apply for a return and refund, please contact us within 7 calendar days of receiving your product(s).
Contact email email@example.com customer support to apply for a return and refund.
1) Order Number:
3) Return Product Name & Quantity:
4) Return Reason:
5) Images or Videos of Products and Intact Packaging:
We will process your return and refund application within two or five working days after receiving your email.
Refunds will be processed using the same method that was used to make the payment. The refund process takes about 2-10 days, depending on the bank or credit card issuer. While refunds usually go through in 2 days, if there is any delay, no action on any inquiries will be initiated until 10 days have passed.
Customers need to pay for any return shipping unless the refund is due to product defects. In the case that it is a return due to product defect, we will handle and cover the shipping but a 5 percent restocking fee will likely apply.
If parts replacement or product exchange is needed, please contact Exway customer support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping for parts replacement
Exway shall be responsible shipping for any products sent in for replacement due to defects.
The customer shall be responsible for shipping for any products sent in for replacement or repair after the warranty period has expired.
When a repair ticket is initiated it may not be clear whether the issue is covered under warranty. Exway Canada will typically cover the shipping to our repair center but if it is later determined that the issue is not covered by warranty, the cost of shipping to us will be invoiced back to the rider and the cost of shipping the deck back will also be covered by the rider.
(1) Send an email to: email@example.com for official response and assistance.
(2) If you have difficulty reaching us, try on our Facebook Messenger or contact us on Instagram, our representatives will notify rider support if there are communications issues. However all rider support issues need to go through the official email as social media is not an official channel for service whether in or out of warranty.
(1) Warranty begins on the date that the board is received and is valid for 6 months for X1 Pro Hub/Riot, Wave Hub/Riot, X1 Max Riot/Hub, Atlas-2WD/4WD, and 12 months for Flex Riot/Hub. The customer must provide valid proof of purchase for warranty coverage. Replacement parts are available for sale after the warranty period is over.
(2) Batteries, ESCs, Remote Controls have a 6-month warranty (when the customer buys the parts separately) from the date the package is delivered to the customer.
(3) Other product accessories do not carry warranty service.
Warranty transfers (between owners)
Warranties do not transfer over to the new rider should the warranty holder decide to sell off their board before the warranty is out. The warranty is a commitment between Exway Canada and the customer who placed the order.
Legality of Electric skateboards in Canada
As of the time of this writing, it can be said that the legality of operating electric skateboards in Canada is in somewhat of a grey zone. The purchase, ownership and sale of electric skateboards in Canada is absolutely legal, however the operation of electric skateboards may be regulated and regulated differently from region to region. It is up to the rider to follow or ignore rules or regulations. Any outcomes stemming from any rider's behaviour or decisions are the sole responsibility of the rider. Exway Canada and all affiliates have no control over riders and bear no responsibility for any legal issues resulting in the operation of electric skateboards as it pertains to any rider.
It is important to note that until Canada creates any legal framework for electric skateboards, riders involved in any accidents, especially ones in which the rider is the victim, may not be protected legally in the same way as a pedestrian or a motorist. This results in drivers and other wrongdoers getting off easy in courts despite their guilt.